All students at American Business & Technology University that intend to use Federal Student Aid / Financial Aid / Title IV, are required to complete the FAFSA, click the following link: http://policies.abtu.edu/financial-aid-process/
During your digital interview, you will observe the following:
- Information disclosed to students or parents of students who enter into an agreement regarding a Title IV, HEA loan that the loan will be submitted to NSLDS and accessible by authorized agencies, lenders and institutions [HEOA 489 amended HEA Sec. 485B]
- Estimates of your cost of education
- What constitutes full time status
Federal Student Aid Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for Federal Student Aid, students must:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be a regular student, enrolled in a Title IV eligible, degree or certificate program of study
- Not be currently enrolled in a secondary school
- Provide proof of a high school diploma or the recognized equivalent (GED, HSET). Validating documents can be an official high school transcript or diploma, verification of state GED, or DD214 indicating high school completion or receipt of equivalency (GED, HSET).
- Be a U.S. citizen or national, or an eligible non-citizen (verification of eligible non-citizen status may be required)
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Not be in default on a Federal Student loan or owe an overpayment on a Federal Student Aid Grant or Loan and may not have borrowed in excess of the annual or aggregate loan limits for the Federal Student Loan Program. Check www.nslds.ed.gov if uncertain.
- If the student is male, he must be registered with Selective Service as required. Visit sss.gov if uncertain.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) once approved for funding
- Certify that federal student aid will only be used for educational purposes
- Demonstrate financial need