Financial Aid Verification
Federal law requires verification documents be produced in the event there is a discrepancy in information provided during the Financial Aid application process. A student may also be chosen for verification randomly.
If a student is chosen for verification, he or she will be notified by phone or e-mail. The student, and his or her parent(s) if a dependent, must provide the requested documentation to ABTU’s Financial Aid Office within seven (7) business days. A copy of the verification worksheet will be provided.
ABTU adheres to the following policies:
- All selected applicants will be verified.
- Selected applicants must submit required verification documents within seven (7) days of notification.
- If a student does not meet the above deadline and is not capable of making the tuition payment, he or she will not be granted access to their class(es).
- The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to make exceptions to the above stated policies due to mitigating circumstance on a case-by-case basis. Students will be given a clear explanation of the documentation needed to satisfy the verification requirements and the process for document submission.
- ABTU will inform students in a timely maker of the consequences of failing to complete verification requirements. This may include the notification that their courses were dropped for nonpayment.
- Students will be informed of their responsibilities regarding the verification of application information, including the college’s deadline for completion of any actions required.
- Students will be notified if the results of verification change the student’s scheduled award.
Any suspected case of fraud will be reported to the Regional Office of the Inspector General, or, if more appropriate, to a State or local law enforcement agency having jurisdiction to investigate the matter. Referrals to State or local agencies will be reported to the Inspector General as well.
American Business & Technology University uses a third party to process verifications. American Business & Technology University and its representatives follow the published Department of Education guidelines on verification.
Verification Worksheets: https://ifap.ed.gov/ifap/byAwardYear.jsp?type=vgworksheets
Federal Student Aid Handbook Reference: ifap.ed.gov/fsahandbook/attachments/1213AVGCh4.pdf
Updated on 8/27/2019 by Ramsey Atieh